Computers with Microsoft Windows pre-installed upon purchase have the ability to restore their operating system using CD’s and/or a partition on the hard drive depending on the type of original operating system installation. If you received re-installation disk(s) with your system, you need to restore from those recovery disks. If your system did not come with disks, it has a recovery partition on the hard drive and you’ll need to use it to recover the operating system.
Hard Drive Partition:
If your computer has a COA with “REFURBISHED PC” printed on it then your computer was built with a restore partition on the hard drive. Activating this will restore the operating system to factory defaults.
- Turn the computer off
- Turn the computer back on
- Immediately begin tapping the down arrow key
- When given a choice between running Windows XP and the System Restore, select System Restore
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- After 10-20 minutes your computer will load a desktop
- Wait for “System Preparation Tool 2.0” to load
- Select “Reseal”
- The computer will Shut Down
- Restart the computer and re-activate Microsoft Windows
If your computer came with operating system restore CD’s they can be used as well to restore the operating system to factory defaults.
Won’t, how, verify, problems, can’t, reinstalling, settings, where, get